Thursday, January 16, 2020

Royal Flush.


As I was cruising down the highway a story came on the radio from across the pond –

MEGXIT.

If you haven't heard Prince Harry and wife Megan Markle have decided to leave the United Kingdom and step down from their royal duties as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Please hang in with me for just a moment even if you’ve let your subscription to the National Enquirer lapse. I don’t follow the royals, or anyone else’s drama for that matter, so I didn’t give it much thought until I felt a little nudge from the Lord.

‘How many of my kids have renounced their royal identities and are choosing to live like commoners?’

If you would indulge me go back and read that question one more time.

It hit me like a ton of bricks. How many of us are living below our promise and our potential because we aren’t embracing the fullness of who we really are? I would dare say all of us in one way or another.

“To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.” 
– Revelation 1:5b-6 NKJV

Here’s another one –

“So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children. And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.” 
– Romans 8:15-17 NLT

Prince Harry is 6th in line for the throne. BUT he still wields a huge amount of influence because of his birthright. He could accomplish so much good for so many with his royal identity than he even could as just plain old Harry. And so it is with us. We can accomplish so much more when we choose to live from our heavenly identity and inheritance than anything we could do in our own flesh and effort.

My prayer for you today is to see yourself as God sees you because that is who you really are.

“Only let us live up to what we have already attained.” 
- Philippians 3:16 NIV

3 comments:

God's Promises.

Earlier this week I was working on a log cabin I have for sale. As I was driving over to crawl back under the house for the 3rd day this is ...