Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sonrise

I had a dream last night that started a conversation with God as I woke up. I decided to take a little drive to watch the sun rise and pray. Sounds pretty simple but I soon found myself driving down several 'dead end' roads looking for that allusive perfect spot.

As I see the first glint of the sun through the fog I wonder how many people's lives are like my ride this morning? How many of us are running around, spinning our wheels, wasting energy on dead end roads trying to connect with God? Doing church is easier than Jesus. Being a good spouse, parent, employee is easier than Jesus. You get the point. Don't get me wrong, all of those things are good (even Godly) but none of them are God.

I finally just had to park. It's not the spot I imagined but it worked. I saw the sun rise over the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and that was the point. I'd encourage you to quit trying to find the perfect place or be the perfect person in your pursuit of God. Just stop where you are and look up.

This morning I got really honest and vulnerable with Jesus and immediately heard his voice speaking to my heart. And in the end I guess that's the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Promises.

Earlier this week I was working on a log cabin I have for sale. As I was driving over to crawl back under the house for the 3rd day this is ...