Friday, September 14, 2018

Are you ready for a LEAP of faith?


I’ve always been a bit of an adrenaline junkie. I was usually the first of my friends to see if we could clear a jump with our bikes, scale a rock face or literally jump off a cliff. I started my first legit business at 16 (not like incorporated but I had for real business cards so that counts). Anyways I’ve never been one to shy away from a challenge or cave in to my fear. I’ve had some really amazing adventures in life and I definitely have some scars to prove it. Now in my mid-forties I’ve realized that I’m a little more cautious, a bit more hesitant. Some might call it wisdom but if I’m being honest I don’t think that’s the real reason.

I don’t want to play it safe - especially when it comes to my faith. I want to take risks, push boundaries, take chances. I don’t want to pray weak prayers I want to ask BIG things from God and see Him move in miraculous ways. I was recently talking with a friend who was on a ministry trip to Mexico when he watched God heal a guy’s crippled, disfigured hands right before his eyes. That’s what I’m talking about! Mountain moving, prison shaking, grave robbing faith is what I want to have!

“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for.” – Hebrews 11:1-2 NIV

If you really want to be inspired read the rest of Hebrews 11. Those guys and gals had guts!

It seems to me like the older we become the less inclined we are to take big risks. But it doesn’t have to be that way. We have to fight against the tide if we are going to live on the edge and not get sucked under by life’s current. It makes those unwilling to go (read religious) uncomfortable but I’m not looking for their approval because I already have His. I’m ready for the next adventure. Who’s ready to take a LEAP of faith with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Promises.

Earlier this week I was working on a log cabin I have for sale. As I was driving over to crawl back under the house for the 3rd day this is ...